Monday, November 24, 2003

I was talking to a good friend of mine over IM today and I realized that I am now an adult. Not because I'm done with school...not because I'm working full time...not because I've moved out to live with my boyfriend...but because I was a part of a rather large event yesterday. There's so much planning involved and no matter how planned it is...it never goes the way you plan.

Not that I didn't think it was a huge success because it was. We were surrounded by loved ones and everyone was so great to each other and nothing broke...the walls were scratched up but that's pretty much it. It just made me think about the parties that happened when I was little, the hustle and bustle of the adults around me, talking to each other, the kids in one room playing together and I guess it just dawned on me...

I used to be one of those kids in the room and now I'm just an adult running around talking to everyone.

No comments: