Thursday, October 23, 2008

yin and yang

an old college buddy pointed out something to me at dinner one night. we (old college buddy, his fiance, B, hannah and me) were all at ninkimono in newark. hannah starts doing her usual thing at 7ish (being fussy mcwhineypants) and i take her and rock her in my arms until she falls asleep. at this point in the meal, we were already sharing our all you can eat sushi, so i'm basically watching B stuff his face while hannah snoozes in my arms. about 10 minutes later, B takes her from me to change her diaper. college buddy leans into me and the convo goes like this:
college buddy: i thought that B was going to eat faster when you had hannah and she was crying.
me: nope. B doesn't know what "fast" or "hurry up" means.

B has never been the type to hurry for anyone...he has that familiar filipino attitude of "shit starts when i get there." i tell him that he should have a sense of urgency like me, but then he replied:
"babe, i'm like this because you aren't. i'm the yin and you're the yang."
for those that know us best, you know how well that went over with me, so instead of trying to fight the powers that be...i use this to bug the shit out of him. you have no idea how fun it is to rush someone that doesn't like to be rushed LOL

No comments: