Thursday, July 22, 2004

I'm bored out of my mind right now...so what do I do then? I browse around other people's blogs/xangas/livejournals. I've got about 15 more minutes before my feedback session with my facilitator (I'm in training right now). Have I mentioned that they are running on CST...meaning my ass has been getting up at 430am every morning since Monday? I'm thinking about getting some more hot chocolate, but that's like 120 calories! That's 10 minutes on the EFX machine easily! But I digress...the purpose of this post is to summarize what I've seen after browsing through many journals:

-Xanga/Livejournal picture posting. I've noticed that we are very conceited people. Do we post certain pictures because those are the best pictures? Like if a stranger were to browse my site, they would be like..."damn their hot!" I shouldn't talk though...if blogger had the same capabilities, then I'd be posting pics too!

-The profound quote. Some journals do, some journals don't. I personally like the journals who have those quotes that make absolutely no sense at all. The ones that make you go "what the fuck?" Yeah...those are cool.

-Middle finger pics. If the journal owner is still in school (college, high school, etc) there is at least one picture of them on their site where they are flippin' the bird.

-BF/GF shout outs. AW...to be young and in love...and then it change again the following month.

-Billions upon billions of links to other people's sites. Why have friendster and myspace when you can find it all here?

-Music. While your getting lost in the words of someone else, get lost in the music as well. Or get incredibly annoyed because you don't know how to turn it off.

-Surveys and quizzes. Yeah baby, I always needed an excuse to not do work.

-Content. Someone's either screwing over or just plain screwing someone else, along with what happened at at family functions/work/school/etc.

and finally,

-"I'm free to speak my mind however I please" (not necessarily in those particular order of words.) Free speech is a wonderful thing. Don't abuse it by telling someone else they can't have their own opinion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blogger or blogspot has a photo posting option.
You might want to look into it, I think it's hello.com or hellophoto.com... it's a partnership of some sort.

~Meanwahine