Wednesday, July 07, 2004

I'm going to LA this weekend for my cousin's wedding. I'm excited because I get to see the cousins that I pretty much grew up with...but then I'm not because our parents have some issues with each other. My mom and her cousins (which are my cousins parents) have this long standing resentment towards each other. Well, it's actually more from my aunts and uncles than my mom...and it's really stupid too. Some shit about how their grandfather paid for my mom and her siblings to go to school and how he didn't help my aunts and uncles out, but from what I understood they didn't need the help at the time...bottom line: it's a stupid fight and 30 years later there's still a grudge.

Although it's been alleviated since then, the tension is still there...and of course, the children suffer. It was hard enough that my cousin went to SB too and it just felt weird to be around when his parents were visiting...but whatever. I hope this trip goes well...and if it doesn't at least I have Byron there to keep me sane.

No comments: