Tuesday, August 10, 2004

I stumbled on my very first "real" boyfriend's xanga (my first kiss...aw) and I read that he's getting married pretty soon. Congrats to him...I know the girl that he's marrying has been with him for a LONG time. It's nice to know that there are relationships that stand the test of time, growth and maturity. It's beautiful.

Then it got me thinking that I've been in and out relationships for about...oh...almost 12 years now and I must say that I've become a bit of an expert on the subject, well, psuedo-expert. I've learned a lot about myself...what I would do for love and what I wouldn't do, stuff like that. People have there own biases about relationships and love. I bet if you look back, there was a time where you loved being single and times when you hated being single, times when you wondered why you stayed with someone for so long, times when you were with someone and secretly wished that you were with someone else, times when you were afraid to move on because you didn't want to be alone, times when you wished that you tried harder and wanted a second chance, and times when you wished that someone would just sweep you off your feet.

I know how to love. We all do. But what took almost 12 years to learn was how to be loved.

No comments: