Monday, August 30, 2004

I think that I've gotten pretty good at admitting I'm wrong...especially since until recently, I believed I was right about EVERYTHING...but after my monthly spaz-attack, Byron brought up a pretty good point:

"Don't ask what I used to do with whoever because it doesn't matter and you're just going to end up like this (i.e. crying like a lil bitch)."

So true. My response? He's right

Which brings me to my point...what makes us more human than wanting to know how, why and what makes us better than anyone that came before us? Damn it...why the hell do I care? I really don't. He doesn't mention anything about his past unless I bring it up, jokingly or not, and he's obviously more focused on the present/future than I am. It's just insecurity on my part, but how do I work through this? This is stupid high school/college shit. Geez Dawn...you're damn near 25 years old...we're living together, getting married (summer 2005), having kids (I'll keep you posted)...I'm stupid. I'm acting immature. I need to get over myself and stop tormenting the love of my life.

I hate it when I'm wrong...but I'm glad that I have someone that isn't afraid to let me know.

No comments: