Monday, October 14, 2002

Holy shit.

How good does it feel to talk to someone with whom you were intimate with in the past (i.e. an ex-boyfriend)...and feel absolutely nothing at all?

Damn good.

I know who I'm going to marry and I really don't care who knows. The aformentioned soldifiies it. However, such decisions don't come to me this easily...I don't fall in love that quickly. I've always struggled with the notion of "the one." I thought I found him when I was in high school. He was everything to me....my best friend, my lover, my soulmate. I thought nothing could separate us, even 300 miles when I moved away to Santa Barbara. But that was the demise of our relationship...growing up and growing apart would be at the forefront. Realization and the actual loss of the person who you gave yourself so completely and so unselfishly can truly scar you for any other subsequent relationship. So begins my senior year in college...single, sexy and sweet. I answered to no one but me. Something was always missing though...and I tried to fill it with ftf's, dinners with close guy friends, and a strange on-and-off, long-distance relationship with a guy from a distant past.

Fast forward to today...I'm so happy, so overjoyed. I love you Byron Evangelista!

"All things fall into place, my heart it feels so safe. You are my melody. That's where you take me."

No comments: