Sunday, October 27, 2002

I've been up since 7:30 AM, which is actually technically 8:30 AM with the daylight savings stuff going on. Isn't it weird how we can easily add and subtract hours in the day? To me, it's almost like we're playing God and tampering with the delicateness of time. We complain all the time that there's never enough...why would we want to confuse ourselves by adding an hour one day, then losing it another day? It's one of the many wonders of the world.

With that, I am now going to share some of my useless knowledge about time:

-Daylight Savings is only found on the US mainland. The reason for adding/subtracting an hour is because farmers need a certain amount of hours of daylight and during the winter, they don't get that many hours (shorter days).

-In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all of the world's nuclear weapons combined.

-A snail can sleep for 3 years.

-A day is technically longer that 24 hours. That's why we have that extra day in a leap year to make up for it.

And now...some more quotes! :)

"She looks kind of Chinese...that's because she is Chinese!"

"To make a long story even longer..."

"Cereal! With milk!"

"I've been slowly digging myself out of the hole I dug myself into."

"Well, with this one...not so much."

"We are all about class, but the pants are butt-less. You know, Christina Aguilera style."

"Did you know that elephants are pregnant for nine years? Nine years! If I was pregnant that long, someone would have to die."

"It's not always about you!"

No comments: