Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Lent is a difficult time of year for me. You have to give up something, or sacrifice because the whole purpose of the Easter season is to remember what God sacrificed for us.

I was told that I should give up smoking because 1) I have been for the past month (well, buying packs anyway) and 2) its something that I should be doing anyway. Instead of being in agreement, I started yelling at him. Why you ask? Because I'm a fucking bitch. Because lately I've been incredibly irrational and I have no idea why. A suggestion was being made and I jumped down his throat so quickly without looking back. I said he was telling me what to do, but dammit, it's hard. It is so difficult because smoking is a fucking addiction.

I'm still pretty upset, mostly because I wasn't given the opportunity to say my thoughts about the whole thing. I thought about it, but why should I use Lent as an excuse to quit? Shouldn't I be wanting to do that anyway? It shouldn't matter that it's Lent right now, I SHOULD BE MAKING AN EFFORT TO QUIT NO MATTER WHAT TIME OF YEAR IT IS. With that said (which I suppose is what I wanted to say before interrupted), I guess the logical thing to give up would be smoking. I'm gonna take a short nap before colorguard and band practice.

No comments: