Wednesday, March 12, 2003

LOVE. What is it? It's the mystery of the ages...an enigma that has plagued mankind since the beginning of time. So many people devote their time and energy in finding this LOVE, this unconditional emotion that is the stuff dreams are made of.

I know these people, these LOVE hunters, but more often than not, they're shooting blanks...can't distinguish between actual LOVE and being in LOVE with the idea of LOVE. Then there are the LOVE cynics, who think that LOVE is so overrated or overused. These people used to be hopeless romantics, but a rock must have shattered their glass hearts, and all the heartware store had left was stone to replace it. I think I lie somewhere between these hunters and cynics because while I can be a hopeless romantic, I'm still on-guard about who I let into my heart.

I'm in LOVE. How am I sure? Because regardless of little spats, sweet kisses, bad moods, warm hugs, irrationality, quality time, snoring, sports watching, word mojo playing, orange eating, all the good and bad...

...just the thought of him makes me smile. And that's more than enough to get through the day.

No comments: