Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Do you ever have those mornings, where even though you really aren't that tired anymore, you still want to stay in bed? Not in bed for depression, not in bed cuz you're trying to catch up on your sleep, but just because it's comfortable and you are wrapped warmly in your comforter. I had one of those mornings and it made me think about when I started sleeping over Byron's house.

It was normally on a Saturday night, I don't know why it happened to be that night regardless of the fact that this was when I had the entire weekend off. I loved waking up next to him as I still do now. But the difference is that we would actually just chill in bed, watch some football (since it was football season) and I wouldn't get home until about 2 or 3 just to shower/change and head back to his house again.

I still sleep there, sometimes more often than I used to (I think the most I've slept at his house was like 3 nights in a row), but our lives have picked up the pace a bit. Now he wakes me up because he has to leave for work, and when I'm there on a Sunday we usually have a schedule and long list of things to do. We get tired more easily and honestly, I think we just get tired of driving back and forth between San Jose and Union City. And it's not even about if it's worth driving the distance because it always is (at least for me anyway, but I'm sure it is for him too), it's just that suddenly I've reached a new place in my life where I don't go out like I used to and I really only muster up enough energy to see my boyfriend and end up sleeping there anyway.

Sometimes I feel like I'm 26 or 27, and I'm beginning to forget that I'm only 23.

Oh well, it's not like I ever knew how to act my age in the first place.

No comments: