Sunday, August 31, 2003

Got the keys, got the remote for the garage...

It's now official...I'm Byron's new roommate.

We had a very informal BBQ today, mostly to show off the house to our immediate family. I read something on Rose's Xanga today and it really stuck in my head. For those of you that have been religiously reading my blog, you know that I talk extensively about my relationship, how well it's going, where it's leading (marriage, kids, the whole sha-bang), etc. She put this excerpt about marriage and how love is just not enough and that there are 5 golden rules to relationships. I learned that "love just isn't enough" the hard way, yet I'm glad I learned that because it helped me to be more selective about who I enter relationships with. I am a hopeless romantic, but I know that there is more to life-long relationships than just love or sex (yeah, don't act like y'all don't know what I'm talkin' 'bout).

There's that mutual feeling of respect, sharing the same or similar values, being able to give and take, accepting the good with the bad...

...and there's nothing like them being the first thing you see in the morning and the last before you go to sleep.

No comments: