Tuesday, June 01, 2004

I found a letter that my mom and dad wrote me when I was a Freshman in High School. At that time, I was an ignorant and rebelious teenager, dating someone who my parents could have pressed charges for statutory rape, and just immature. I put my parents through alot that year and even made my dad cry. No one makes my dad cry...he barely did at his parents' funerals. Reading the letter brought me to tears, especially now that I am an adult that can have adult conversations with my parents. They've evolved from parents to people I can see eye to eye with...my friends.

It crazy how we now see what our parents were trying to do for us back then. They were just trying to prevent us from making mistakes and protecting us the best way they know how. Lying in my bed & in my own house made me realize that I'm ready to instill that in someone. This need for me to be married with a child keeps growing more and more everyday...

No comments: