Sunday, May 30, 2004

AHHH...it's nice to have the weekend off.

On Friday, I watched CSUH'S PCN. I really didn't want to because I really want nothing to do with Byron's college life (except for his Alum heads that I hang out with now) and I knew that his ex was a coordinator (I'm being such an adult right now...har har), I just feel really uncomfortable being the only person in his life now that wasn't apart of his life before. It's weird because we know so many of the same people (it's pretty inevitable being that I lived in Union City for 18 years) yet we only really met by chance...you know, if he hadn't been sitting in that audience that fateful August afternoon, who knows how our life could have ended up.

But I digress...I don't know why it bothers me so much. I remember when we first started going out I would look through his billions of albums. He said he was hesitant to show me a few of them because it had pictures of his ex in there and I told him as long as you don't point out who she is, it'll be fine . And of course, his dumbass pointed her out on the first picture. I shut the book. I think now "ignorance is bliss," I wish she didn't have a face to me, I wish that I didn't know that all the stuff he kept from that relationship is in our home, I wish I didn't know anything altogether, but I do realize his past makes him the person he is today and there are so many things to look forward to and dwelling on that shit, whether intentional or not, is just so unhealthy and so not the person I am.

I know that I purposely get him mad whenever we hang out with this college friends because I feel really uncomfortable, regardless of the fact that they have accepted me with open arms and made me feel like family. I don't want to do this anymore...*sigh* something else to work on.

Anyway, the PCN was alright. The acting was FABULOUS...dancing and storyline was okay. I like last year's better.

BYRON: "The pauses are too long between scenes."
ME: "Maybe you should take up that issue with the coordinator."
BYRON: "Um yeah...I won't be doing that."

No comments: