Wednesday, July 27, 2005

money to burn

Sometimes I wish that I had money to burn. I know many people how are always fitted in expensive clothing, different outfits everyday, make-up like you wouldn't believe, nice cars, always down for some fine dining, electronic toys, etc. But then again a lot of these people still live a home with their parents. And the funny thing about these people is that they actually complain about living at home. Save some money and stop buying crap for yourself!

Even though I can't really afford the fancy things in life (the only bling I got is on my left finger), at least I'm not living with my parents. I don't mean to offend anyone with my sweeping generalization (based on personal experience with such aformentioned folks), I'm sure that there are plenty of people that live with the 'rents, but are trying their damndest to be on their own. What I'm saying is that there are folks out there who don't, nor will they in the near future.

Just my 2 cents...

4 comments:

Joy said...

I so feel you girl. I’m always in awe when I see people get all the best electronics, the luxury type cars, hella fitted with all brand name stuff....carrying the Louis Vuitton purse (which I have to second guess sometimes to see if its real) and wearing Seven Jeans and I think mann, how come I can’t get any of that? I make good money, why can’t I buy expensive stuff like that... AND Honestly, its not because you and I can’t afford it. Its because we CHOOSE to not spend our money on stuff like that. Honestly, you get a little more practical when you start paying a mortgage. And with expensive stuff like that, you don’t just go out and buy with no thoughts involved. I totally remember when I lived at home, I was constantly buying coach bags and whatever else I wanted to buy... and now, I ain’t even like that anymore.. Straight Target and F21 is all good for me! Hahaha.. Seriously though... its all materialistic ISH. Its good to have and to buy sometimes but not to go insane... WE are the generation of CREDIT CARD DEBT.. and WE seriously just need to control ourselves with it!!!

lani putt said...

I feel you both!!! hahaha...now that I can afford things too I choose not too because it only makes you happy for a quick second or even a day! Then when you realize what you spent your money on, you're hella regretting it! I've always been okay with the less expensive stuff and I think I ALWAYS will. We've been brought up by wonderful and smart parents who have taught us what is really important in life and that is what makes us the smart adults we are today!!! YAY for Target and F21....hahahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

Funny how you or your parents had nothing to do with where you are living now...

Anonymous said...

By the way, it was me Jen who made that comment