Wednesday, September 07, 2005

wednesday already?

I just got a message from a customer about one of our agents and they are "unsatisfied" by the claims handling process and want to talk to my boss. It makes me angry. I guess it's because I was in a claims office and know how it goes. You can't force people to talk to you or force the police department to send you a report. People just don't get that...and even if you do tell them, they for some reason think the world revolves around them and that gives them the right to treat people like shit. Customer service my ass...under normal circumstances, are you supposed to take that from a person? I mean, am I really supposed to have someone yell at me, make me feel like I'm about 7 inches tall and take this with a smile? FUCK THAT. You don't know shit about me. I'm like you, tryin' to make a dollar out of 15 cents with this piece of shit job. This whole "the customer is always right" is straight bullshit...yet I manage to get into jobs where I have to have some sort of expertise on this. Ugh.

Luckily, I'm not in claimsland anymore. I used to think that I wanted to be an insurance agent, but if I gotta deal with people like that on a daily basis...no thanks. The plan is to still get my insurance licenses before the end of 2006 so at least I have that to fall back on...I'm starting to also consider getting licensed in event coordination. Who knows...the possibilities are endless.

No comments: