Monday, May 03, 2004

A couple of days ago, I was looking through my phonebook on my cell phone and I realized that I don't really speak to half of the people that I have numbers for. So, I decided to take some "friend inventory" which makes me think of who came into my life so quickly, impacted me for the time being and how easily some of those relationships slipped away. Needless to say, my phone book is not nearly as packed as it used to be and with every name I went through I noticed that I had some sort of memory about them. I had a bunch of old co-workers on my phone (from Seneca days), guys I used to talk to back in SB (I'm such a pimp...jk), classmates, high school folks, etc. I never realized how many people I knew and coming from someone who's felt more than alienated lately, it was kind of an ego boost. I know that I can make friends very easily and I know that I mean something to at least 5 people out there (not including my family or Byron). It makes me think that I don't really need people to tell me that their life is a horrible mess without me, but that they're at least better off for having known me.

I highly suggest to you all to look at your cell phones and erase the numbers that you don't call anymore. It'll make you realize that the people you do call mean that much more.

No comments: