Friday, February 28, 2003

Dear God,
Please help me to understand this baby lust that I'm having.
I will be waiting for an answer.
Love, Dawn

This is going to be incredibly personal, but I need some type of release. I want a baby. I've been feeling like this for a long time now. I don't know where it came from or how I'm supposed to resolve this, but the feeling has been growing progressively. I got the phrase "baby lust" from a book of short stories called Her Wild American Self. The story was about a woman, who was pregnant at an inopportune time in her life, miscarried and suddenly developed this "baby lust." She wanted to be pregnant again. I use this phrase, not because I was and now am not pregnant, but becauseI want to have a baby. I want to have a baby.

But you know what? I still live at home...I have no job...all the circumstances in my life say that I'm not ready.

Still...
I want to have a baby.

No comments: