Thursday, February 13, 2003

Strolling down memory lane...with the visuals of my last 2 years in PCN glowing on my TV screen. I'm nostalgic yes, but I snap myself back to reality as soon as the tape runs out and my VCR shuts itself off. Hey Conan, I didn't know they replay your show again this late...oh wait, yeah I did...what else would keep me company at 3:30 in the morning as I busily type a 6-10 page paper for my sociology or asian american studies class that is due at 8 AM. Procrastination...I know you too well. Escape...escape...life has made a sharp turn into uncharted territory so the first thing you do is try to relive the past. Silly girl...don't you know that you left that life behind? I know its hard...and you want to remind yourself of what was and not of what is. Heck, I bet you want to hop in your car and buy a pack of cigarettes right now. That'll take you back. Back to Apt 30, back to the Arbor, back to the days of certainty and to the faces you remember. Where are you now? Good question. You are in the present. Remember your first two years? You couldn't stand it...how did that same place that you loathed become something you loved? This too will become familiar territory...you will remember the faces and the places. It will change. I promise.

No comments: