Tuesday, February 04, 2003

"i'll be the embrace that keeps you warm, for you're the sun that breaks the storm." -Vanessa Carlton, Pretty Baby

The best things that happen in life are the ones that you don't expect. I have an incredibly long list of events in my life that I never would expect to happen. I didn't know that going to Santa Barbara for school would be the best experience of my life. I didn't know that joining a sorority would introduce me to the "girlfriends" that I never had since most of my really good friends are guys (but I don't consider Miah a guy or girl friend...more like a "diva-friend" hehe). Most importantly, I believe that the people closest to you, should be the people that anchor you. In my quest to become more rational, I've come to the conclusion that we are not rational people. We have our emotions and our biases that cloud our vision and we expect the people closest to us to bring us back down. I've never thought of it this way and I've been trying so hard to figure out everything on my own instead of allowing myself to ask for help. I'm thankful for each and everyone of you that has brought me back down...especially the ones that aren't afraid to "tell it like it is." Without you guys, I wouldn't know that it's okay to make mistakes...as long as you learn from them.

No comments: