Friday, August 12, 2005

insults and compliments

By virtue of being a Sociologist or more specifically being a person with a BA in Sociology, I tend to overanalyze what is being said to (or about) me. I was putting on my shoes today before leaving work and caught my reflection in the car. I thought, "I did my make-up really nice today." Then I thought about something my sister said to me. She told me that I'd make a really good plus size model. It was a compliment in the sense that she thought I was pretty, but it was also an insult because she was saying that I was plus size. My mom did the same thing when looking at Byron's baby pictures yesterday. She said that his baby pics don't look like him and that his baby pics were cute.

I'm highly opinionated and I get that from my mother. In fact, every woman in my family on both parents' sides are highly opinionated. It's good in the sense that we speak our minds, but bad because we can really get ourselves into some sticky situations. I'm not new to people talking shit about me, in fact I know for a fact that much of that is going on right now because of what I've done. It's nothing new to me, in fact I've been in many situations where I found my foot caught in my mouth. I'm a bitch, I'm retarded, I'm insecure, I'm immature, I'm fake, I talk to much, I'm fat, I have too much time on my hands, I can't sing, I'm not all that, I'm stupid, I'm this, I'm that...I'm human. I apologize for that.

No comments: