Friday, August 19, 2005

Kiddies

We get the kids tonight...woohoo! When I was at my dress fitting yesterday, Taryn kept saying, "Don't forget I am going to your house tomorrow!" and the Roycee would say, "Yes, house a'morrow." Hecka cute. I get to babysit them on the the Friday before Labor day weekend...I need to tell my boss I want it off.

My sister asked Byron to take a day off to babysit between the time she goes back to school (she's a teacher) and the time my grandmas come back from Canada. I know Byron pretty well and part of him wants to do it, while the rest of him is scared out of his mind. He scared because he doesn't know what to do with them. What if one of them chokes? What do I do? Not the avid problem-solver and it's hard for him to step outside his comfort zone. When he's around them, I'm there to take care of everything. I asked him if he'll still be scared when we have kids. He said he had 9 months to learn everything there is to know about babies. Did I mention that he doesn't hold newborns either? I see his point, but I can't force him to do it. My sister's gonna be disappointed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so bad around youngsters ESPECIALLY babies. I freak out and I never know what to do with them. So yeah I'm feelin that. I like your new layout!

lani putt said...

Mike is just like Byron! He won't hold newborns either! He says it's because he might "break" them!! It's funny how they think when a baby it around but they gotta learn sometime!!! Hopefully soon...hahaha