Wednesday, May 25, 2005

beautiful

You're the one I want to chase
You're the one I want to hold
I won't let another minute go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul

I find that I do much of my thinking in the car (I mean I do have a long commute) and I realized that there are some important people in my life that have major body issues. I was thinking about how I've been dieting and exercising in order to feel better about myself. I don't know if I'll ever get down to a size 2, but hey, there's no harm in trying right?

I heard on the radio the other day that Paris Hilton is not happy with her body. Then it got me thinking...is anyone really? My body issues stem from my mother and grandmother. They would always tell me that I was fat and needed to lose weight. I didn't have the metabolism that my sister had and was just a thicker person. The only time that my mom and grandma thought I looked good was senior year of high school when I was still in guard and dancing for 2-3 hours a day.

I proud of myself because I've lost 15 pounds over the past 3 months and have kept it off. I have 5 months until the wedding and have been pretty good about watching what I eat and exercising. It's an uphill battle, but totally worth it in the end. I'm healthier and have more energy.

No comments: