Friday, May 06, 2005

label whores

I'm surrounded by liars everywhere I turn
I'm surrounded by imposters everywhere I turn
I'm surrounded by identity crisis everywhere I turn
Am I the only one who noticed?
I can't be the only one who's learned
- Gavin DeGraw, "I Don't Wanna Be"

I think I'm past this "quarter life crisis" everyone kept talking about (even me if you read my old posts). I can't say that I've chosen my life path and that I know exactly where I'm going (who really does anyway?), it's just that now I'm content with the way things are now. Wedding planning and stress aside, I'm truly happy. So what if I'm not keeping my last name, so what if people refer to me as "Mrs. Evangelista" or "Byron's Wife" or "The Old Ball and Chain." I'm comfortable in myself and my identity to know that it shouldn't affect me...and bottom line is that it doesn't.

Put a label on that, BIOTCH!

2 comments:

reegsta said...

more power to you...and i kinda like that song. just be compassionate to us .25 crises-ers

dawn marie said...

don't worry...i'll be gentle.